4 Bite Delight from Disney Springs Bakery

Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC, Sign, Disney Springs
Sorry for not doing the "On the Road" features I know many of you have been hoping to see after I was mysteriously offline for a while. I loved my 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip with my hubby but came back SICK. Next week I'll start a series of articles about the chocolates and chocolatey goodies I discovered on our trip but today I'll kick things off with a feature about Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC in Disney Springs which unknowingly became part of the The Chocolate Cult family by giving me a mini chocolate chip cupcake for free when I purchased another item using our Deluxe Meal Plan. As you can tell from the photo we visited them in the evening after the sun went down. The bakery was highly recommended to me by the manager at the restaurant where we had dinner. We went to this bakery on March 6, 2017, around 8:30pm or so. There was a constant flow of guests but I imagine it is very busy during the day and during the high seasons at Disney Springs. While the Bakery didn't know it was giving me something in exchange for this feature article, I still need to mention that the cupcake was free and that no other form of compensation was received in exchange for this honest review.

We'll start with what I bought first and I'll simply say that this chocolate ganache filled chocolate chip cookie sandwich was delicious! It was one Snack on the Deluxe Meal Plan from Disney.

Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC, Chocolate Chip Ganache Cookie, Disney Springs

Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC, Brownie Cupcake, Disney Springs
As we got this cookie I was talking to the staff behind the counter and after paying for this I gave them The Chocolate Cult business card as I always do. They asked me some questions, we chatted some more, and then after the staff exchange a few looks, one of them got this chocolate chip chocolate mini cupcake and wrapped it up for us and said "Here, try this, too." I took a photo there but also back at the hotel where the lighting was better. This is the best of those photos. You can see hints of the chips beneath the surface and the color was very enticing. I broke the mini cupcake in half to share with my hubby. Remember Moderation is one of our key principles here on The Chocolate Cult plus I get a second opinion. Hubby's opinion of this mini cupcake was "this is dangerously good" so I'll refer to my notes to be more precise. There is a strong brownie like cocoa fragrance from the cupcake that intensifies after I break it in half.   The outside has a brownie edge look to it and a texture as well but the inside is a touch doughy but also fluffy much like a brownie should be... I think this is more individual brownie than mini cupcake. The flavor is semi-sweet chocolate with non-flour taste that is a challenge to describe but if you have had gluten free baked goods you know what I'm talking about. It was delicious and half of one was a joy to share.

Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC, Front, Disney Springs
I would say that it is well worth the time to check out Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC if you are in Disney Springs. I imagine it can get very busy but if you have the meal plans the snacks cover some items there and the rest are reasonably priced. Plus the bakery focuses on being free of the most common allergens if that is a worry for you or a loved on. There isn't room to enjoy your treats inside the shop but just enjoy them outside or pack them carefully away to enjoy later on. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Comments