Chocolate Chip Cookie Week!

Next week, the entire second week of March, is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Week. I want to hear about your favorite chocolate chip cookies. Is it a family recipe? Is it a treat from a local bakery? Is it your own creation? Or is it a cookie you can just find in a box in a grocery store? I'm not going to judge, I just want to know. I'm not saying, yet, that the chocolate chip cookie I'm looking at today is my favorite but we sent sent this cookie from Mrs. Fields as part of a give cookies to soldiers program they did back in 2016. You can find their cookies in many grocery stores now as well a their walk-in shops. This review is a surprise to Mrs. Fields, anyone who participated in their program got a cookie, too.

A single milk chocolate chip cookie comes in around 28 grams and has 130 calories. I really appreciated that the company sent the nutritional and ingredient information with the cookies. I'm still losing weight, I'm still working on being the healthiest me I can be, and this information is vital to my life now. The cookies isn't simple ingredients, these are to sell in boxes or send out in the mail, they have preservatives in them and ingredients to keep them soft. If you all natural cookies you'll need to make them yourself or buy then from a select group of manufacturers.  The cookie has visible chocolate chips on the top and the bottom and they seem well spread out. It has a strong sweet scent with a hint of vanilla but the chips do not have a strong enough scent to break through the dough itself. When you bite into it the chips turn out to be very sweet and not particularly creamy which is surprising and not pleasantly so.

I'm more of a chocolate fan than a sweetness fan and this cookie is more sweet than chocolate. I can't say this is one of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. So please leave a comment and tell me what your favorite chocolate chip cookies are so I can celebrate in style during the full second week of March.

Comments